Translate

Friday, November 6, 2015

The Little Sibling that Could

My son was 7 yrs old by the time I had my daughter. One of my biggest concerns at the time was whether or not he would resent having a new baby sibling around. However, my concerns were quickly put to rest the day I brought her home. The minute he laid eyes on his tiny little sister, he became a very loving big brother. He was always willing to help with feedings, diaper changes and entertaining. He was an expert at making her laugh. He enjoyed holding her too. His actions showed me that he really loved his little sister.
Let’s fast-forward about two to three years later. That tiny and precious baby girl had now transformed into a playful, sassy toddler. Every chance she got to be in her brother’s face or space, she would take it. This really bothered my son. Most days she would annoy him so much that he had to do the one thing he wasn’t very good at; talk! I would hear him saying phrases like, “get on my nerves,” to “get her out,” or “make her stop.” At a time when my son barely spoke, hearing those phrases were like music to my ears. She MADE him talk! Really, she left him with no other options. She changed our lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment